Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Rhymes - 3


Chhavi knows a lot more rhymes than I thought she knew.

10 days back or so, she suddenly goes... Mamma, mamma, Aanki doodoo pony maadi...
It took me a while to even comprehend - I know she was referring to some rhyme... but I had to scourge thru my database to understand what she actually meant... Then it suddenly hit me...

It was Yankee Doodle went to town, riding on a pony... what next ? I myself dunno the 3rd line of the rhymes... but Chhavi says it. Since I dont know the line, I cant understand what she's saying...

The last line is - and called it macaroni... I still dunno the third line.... need to look it up.

*********************************************************************************

Few days back, Chhavi started saying 'days of the week'.

She says - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday - announcing the end of it. LOL. No matter how many times we teach her the rest of them, she doesnt remember those ones... so cute.

*********************************************************************************

My co-sister tried to teach her 'months of the year' and she was teaching them one by one and Chhavi was repeating them. When she reached April, instead of repeating April, Chhavi says 'May'. So I am guessing they are teaching her the months also at school.

*********************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment