Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Waiting for D-day

I know I haven't blogged after my 8th month, but things got super duper hectic after I entered my 8th month of pregnancy. My chores started piling up and I had too many things to be done and cleared up. Every weekend was spent in cleaning up small parts of the room. I got into full-on nesting mode after my 8th month.

And then there was the endless list of things that I had to buy before I got into delivery. Bcoz post-natal, I wouldn't be allowed to set foot outside the house and there were essentials that were needed. Hence I had to rush to places like Chikpet and Jayanagar to buy things that I wanted. And then there was work. Had a project to complete and it took quite awhile to accomplish that.

Then as the date neared, there were other issues. Setting a date for the delivery. Initially we had thought we could have the surgery on 7th (07-07-16) or on 9th (since Chhavi was born on 9th - it would make them exactly 2.5 yrs apart). Both 7th and 9th were not "good" days as per astrology. They suggested 6th or 10th. Doc said 10th would be too late and we would operate sometime around the 7th. So we naturally assumed that we will have the surgery on the 6th. It seemed like a good time until a few days later.

It was just not meant to be. I had other complications in the pregnancy. Doc looked at scan reports - couldn't find anything wrong. But he did not want to take risks. Then the date he suggested was 4th. Again, 4th was not a good day. Neither was 31st or 1st. So many things to consider when elective c-section is opted for. Why is that ?? When kids are born naturally, do we really worry which day they were born on, what time they were born etc., We just accept it as it is. Then why should we worry so much over the elective surgeries ?? Just too much to think about I feel.

Anyways, finally the date was set for 2nd of July and then the days leading to the D-day were kind of slow... Waiting for the day to see my baby - every minute felt like eons. Finally it was the morning of 2nd July. Finally it was here.

D-day happenings - To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your post. Waiting for the complete birth story:)

    ReplyDelete