Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Driving Practice....... !!!!!

Well..... today was a good day overall. I woke up quite early compared to other days (it being a Sunday and all - 8 am is pretty early for me even otherwise :P). I called back home (India) and was on the phone with my mom for around 2 hours or more trying to get her to check the Internet connection at my house (newly installed) and come online. Well, it was a time-consuming job actually, but finally she was online. All's well that ends well... as they say.

Finally we saw each other after 2 whole years since I came to the US. It was a good feeling. I spoke to her for another 2 hours over Skype, not letting her have her dinner or serve dinner to Dad (sorry Pappa....). I enjoyed eating her brains for a while, then took off for the main event of the day.

We (me and couple of my friends) had rented a car for the weekend and wanted to do some driving practice. I have been driving for 6 yrs now in India, just need to clear my driving test here in the US (what with the opposite side drive and all). All I had to practice was to reverse park, parallel park and reverse parallel park. I did pretty well, but since I cant go out on the roads w/o a US license, I was limited to the University Housing campus. Soon, got bored.

Took some long breaks in between, took an afternoon nap, went for a drive again in the night. And then now relaxing for this post.... so that's that for today.... I am enjoying my first day of blogging... hope this continues !!! See you all soooooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment